WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - There was immense damage reported to a woman's car on Saturday, with two dogs responsible, according to Monroe County authorities.
It's costing the owner thousands of dollars in repairs.
"I would like to see the dog that did this," said neighbor Angelo Kelly. "That's a bad, bad dog. That's one of a kind of a dog that can tear a bumper off a car."
The woman who lives on Davidson Line Road spotted two of what she called aggressive pit bulls. Authorities say they were trying to get at an animal under the car at the time.
"We have taken the older dog that we could catch in our custody," said Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. "A dog that is vicious as that dog could get hold of a young person or anybody; it wouldn't be a good outcome."
Kelly, who raises his own three dogs, says it's hard to believe an animal could do all of this.
"Look at the car," said the neighbor. "In perfect condition, I can't snatch that loose and I'm a man."
Authorities are still trying to locate the second dog.
"It looks like it's been in a car wreck, just to tell you the truth, but it's two dogs that did that," said Cantrell.
- Woman claims two pit bulls damaged her car
- Shaw Pit Bull Rescue working to find stolen trailer
- Pit bull attacks FedEx employee, owner speaks out
- Local pit bull rescue aims to help 'Phoenix' rise again
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- House approves legislation after grease pit drowning
- Car damages front of Tupelo gas station
- Columbus woman accused of damaging vehicle
- Car accident in Lowndes County claims life of teenager
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments