WOODLAND, Miss. (WTVA) - A family in Woodland woke up Sunday morning to find a woman inside their home.
Family members called the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department before they tied her up and took a picture of the woman and shared it to Facebook.
The intruder was 42-year old Christina Rutherford of Okolona.
Jennifer Kilgore said she heard the woman walking inside her home but thought it was her husband.
"It was light steps that went in throughout the house for 30-45 minutes," she said. "I was still in my bed; my daughter was still in bed. My daughter got up because this was like 5:30 in the morning. She got up to see because someone was rummaging through the laundry."
Eventually, Kilgore and her husband were able to wrestle Rutherford to the ground and called law enforcement.
Rutherford was taken to the Chickasaw County jail on a burglary charge.
- Woman arrested for intruding into Chickasaw County home
- Tupelo woman recounts tale of home intruder
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Apartment intruders wake Tupelo woman
- Woman crashes into creek in Chickasaw County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting
- Church pastor arrested in Chickasaw County