VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman is behind bars for allegedly robbing and kidnapping a man she met on Facebook.
21-year-old Shaparra Contreras, also known as Anahy, was arrested by Verona police and booked into the Lee County jail on April 30.Verona Police Chief J.B. Long says she and the male victim were communicating on Facebook and wanted to meet each other in person.
"He was robbed, beaten and thrown into a creek," Long said.
She's facing charges of felony robbery and kidnapping.
Police say she was not alone in the crime. Other men are accused of assaulting the victim as well.
The police chief says the victim was beaten unconscious and stripped naked and dumped at a creek on Chickasaw Trail in Tupelo.
The man was able to call 911 and identify his attackers.
Right now, U.S. Marshals are assisting police with hunting the others down. Long says he's not ready to release the names of the other two suspects at this time.
- Woman accused of robbing, kidnapping Facebook friend
- Trio charged with robbing and kidnapping a Clay County family
- Tupelo woman charged with kidnapping of infant
- Granddaughter, boyfriend accused of robbing grandmother
- Man accused of kidnapping ex-wife appears before judge
- UPDATE: Woman in reported Alabama kidnapping claims she wasn't taken
- Police: Mississippi woman kidnapped 2 girls from Texas home
- 3 men arrested after woman kidnapped, raped in Grenada County
- 19-year-old accused of robbing girl at gunpoint
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges