LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A teenager is accused of shooting another teenager in Winston County.
Sheriff Jason Pugh identified the suspect as Jared Hannah, 18, of Louisville. He is charged with murder.
The victim was identified as Katevis Miller, 18, of Noxapater. The sheriff said multiple shots were fired, but Miller only suffered one gunshot wound.
Pugh said the shooting happened sometime before 11 a.m. at a residence on Young Crossing Road between Louisville and Noxapater.
Sheriff’s deputies later found Hannah hiding in the closet of a home on Odie Shields Road before 3 p.m.
The motive for the shooting is being investigated.
Hannah appeared in court on Wednesday, Feb. 27, where he was denied a bond.
- UPDATE: Judge denies bond for Winston County murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Winston County capital murder suspect
- Judge denies bond for Columbus murder suspect
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Alcorn County murder suspect
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- Bond denied for Chickasaw County drug suspect
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Tishomingo County shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set