WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A Winston County man has lost his attempt to have a conviction on drug charges overturned.
John Gale, 37, is serving eight years for the sale of meth.
The transaction with a confidential informant was videotaped.
Gale claimed the evidence at trial didn’t support his conviction and the judge was wrong not to allow a jury instruction questioning the credibility of the informant.
The Mississippi Court of Appeals upheld his conviction in September and denied a request Tuesday to rehear the appeal.
- Winston County man loses attempt to have drug conviction overturned
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- Local man loses effort to have habitual conviction overturned
- Man loses attempt to have 105-year sentence overturned
- Corinth man loses attempt to have attempted murder conviction tossed out
- Mississippi Supreme Court overturns marijuana conviction
- Mississippi court overturns convictions in 1993 slayings
- Noxubee man loses chance at conviction appeal
- Marshall County woman loses appeal attempt
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary