LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A worker was killed when a core chipper exploded Tuesday morning at Winston Plywood & Veneer.
The plant is located on Church Avenue in Louisville.
Winston County Coroner Scott Gregory said there was an equipment malfunction and the chipper exploded.
Gregory later identified the victim as Brandon Foster, 21.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday in Pearl.
Updated Article - Preliminary autopsy results provided in Louisville plant death
The company later released the following statement.
"A Winston Plywood & Veneer team member died Tuesday in an accident at the company's facility in Louisville. The mill has been temporarily closed and the company is working closely with local officials, first responders, clergy and crisis support personnel at this time. "Winston Plywood is devastated by the loss of our friend and colleague as a result of this accident," said Bruce Warren, CEO of Winston Plywood. "Our team at the mill is a family in every way, and our family has suffered a heart-wrenching loss today. We don’t have any words to express our profound grief, and we are praying with his family.”
We are working with local authorities to assist in its ongoing investigation into the accident and ask that the family’s privacy be respected during this difficult time.”
- Winston County coroner identifies victim of explosion
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Coroner identifies Lee County drowning victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Coroner: Winston County death deemed heat-related
- Coroner identifies victim of West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision