STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State has postponed a memorial service for softball player Alex Wilcox that was originally scheduled for later this week.
The school says the service is being moved to the fall semester to allow members of the softball team to return to town. More information on the service will be released in the coming weeks.
Wilcox passed away June 25 after battling ovarian cancer. The Brantley, Ala., native was diagnosed in 2015, but played for state championship teams in high school and in eight games this past season for the Bulldogs.
Wilcox was also named to the SEC Honor Roll this spring.
- Wilcox memorial service postponed
- MSU remembers softball player Alex Wilcox
- Alex Wilcox's jersey retired during halftime of the Louisiana/MSU football game
- Oxford Regional games postponed to Saturday
- Postponed: MSU and Vanderbilt to play Wednesday
- Memorial service set for flight nurse killed in helicopter crash
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo
- UPDATE: State postpones execution due to time restraints
- Friday game postponed for Ole Miss, MSU baseball
- Repair work underway in Starkville, one project postponed