MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) - A soldier arrived home to many open arms on Sunday after serving with the 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team for a year.
However, coming home was even better than Cpl. Drew Wagster could have imagined.
He came back to a new home built from the ground up, all done by his wife.
Wagster had no idea the house was even finished; his wife had led him to believe there was still a lot of work to be done.
To his surprise, he said his wife did an amazing job. His friends and family were excited to welcome him home.
- Wife surprises soldier with completed home
- VIDEO: Soldier surprises children in Lee County
- Returning soldier surprises children in Pontotoc
- A soldier surprised his mom as she was sworn in as a police officer
- Soldier accused of killing another soldier in Colorado
- Seasons greetings from our soldiers
- Soldiers honored in Amory before deployment
- Tupelo soldiers head to Mexican border
- 155th soldiers arrive in Middle East
- Local soldiers returning from Middle East deployment