SAVANNAH, Tenn. (AP) — A Mississippi man and a Tennessee woman have been charged in the death of her husband.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said authorities arrested 21-year-old Christopher Mailhot of Iuka, Mississippi, and 38-year-old Elaina Michelle White of Savannah, Tennessee, on Thursday. He is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, and she is charged with criminal responsibility for first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. Bond was set at $2 million each.
They are charged in the death of Jeffery Steven White. The TBI said his body was found outside his home in Savannah on Wednesday.
A news release from the agency said an autopsy was planned to determine cause of death.
- Iuka man, Tennessee woman charged in death of her husband
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man charged with burglary, grand larceny
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property
- Iuka man charged for 2018 burglary
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Iuka man faces drug charge in Tishomingo County
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession