BOONEVILLE, Miss (WTVA) -- Jamie Richey runs a facility in Mantachie known as Extra Mile Recovery.
We asked him about the highly-dangerous drug fentanyl, which caused two deaths and put three people in the hospital in Booneville.
Richey, an admitted ex-heroin addict himself, said the drug is making its way onto the streets of north Mississippi by way of black market internet sales.
He says the drug is so potent that a mere microscopic amount can cause an overdose and take a person's life.
"Fentanyl will kill you. You can be doing it and not even know it. That's the scary part about it," Richey said.
Richey says he lost a potential patient to the drug the night before he agreed to an interview with WTVA.
He urges anyone with drug problems to seek help immediately.
- What Is Fentanyl? A look at a deadly drug
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- Charges pending after deadly Baldwyn shooting
- Deadly crash kills Baldwyn truck driver
- Man wanted for deadly shooting now arrested
- Appeals court upholds drug conviction
- Two men face drug charges
- Starkville man arrested for drugs