WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - West Point police take a juvenile into custody after an alleged threat surfaced on social media.
The West Point Police Department said in a press release they were called to the high school Thursday morning in regards to a social media threat.
The threat was allegedly to be carried out tomorrow.
Police made contact with the high school's principal and a school resource officer to advise them of the threat.
The student responsible for the post was removed out of class and taken to the police department.
The student was later charged and and turned over to youth court.
Police at this time believe this is an isolated incident, but says they take all threats very seriously.
You can read the press release in full, below.
- West Point police respond to alleged social media threat
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- Police increase presence at West Point school following alleged threat
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- 2 Mississippi students arrested after social media threats
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- West Point police see rash of burglaries
- West Point police search for burglary suspect