WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Police say burglaries have become a usual occurrence at the Community Counseling Service Center in West Point. Suspects are breaking through windows in the main office building, to see what they can find.
“They have been burglarized several times. This is not the first time,” says Detective Ramirez Ivy.
Surveillance footage captured two young men around 3 a.m. a few nights ago. Detectives have a hunch it could be the same people committing this crime over and over.
“They enter the same way. So they know to go to that same room. They are familiar with that place you know,” says Ivy.
The center is located on the site of the former Mary Holmes College. The office is one of the remaining buildings from the campus. It is filled with offices, necessary files, and computers that they could be after.
Detectives say this is still an ongoing investigation to find these suspects. If anyone has any information on these burglaries, they are asked to call police immediately.
- Reoccurring burglaries happening at West Point counseling center
- Man arrested in West Point for burglary
- West Point man accused of burglary
- West Point police see rash of burglaries
- West Point police search for burglary suspect
- West Point police warn residents after rash of car burglaries
- West Point police arrest two following two burglaries
- West Point police make an arrest in burglaries
- West Point police see increase in home burglaries
- Man arrested by West Point police for burglary, grand larceny