WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in West Point are investigating a reported stabbing.
Officers were dispatched Sunday near the American Legion Post 212 to a loud music and possible fight call where they received information someone had been shot.
West Point police then got a call from Baptist-Memorial Hospital in Columbus that confirmed a man was stabbed and not shot. Investigators say no one was shot in the incident.
The victim was unable to identify who stabbed him. He was released from the hospital after being treated for minor injuries.
Police are asking anyone with information on the incident to please contact the West Point Police Department.
Look for more information on this story on WTVA 9 News at 5pm.
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat
- Man arrested for West Point stabbings
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting
- Investigation continues into West Point armed robbery
- West Point police investigate stolen car found burned
- West Point police serve community Thanksgiving dinner