WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) — Police in West Point are trying to figure out who called in a bomb threat to a restaurant.
Chief Avery Cook said the threat was called into the Kentucky Fried Chicken around 3 p.m. Friday.
The KFC was evacuated, and a bomb-sniffing dog was brought in to check the restaurant.
Cook said the restaurant was given an "all clear" shortly afterward and business resumed as normal.
His department is now checking phone records and 911 recordings to pinpoint the person in this case.
Cook added that person could face charges.
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- West Point police investigate 8 burglaries
- West Point Police investigate incident at Walmart
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- West Point police investigate Tuesday night shooting
- West Point Police investigate shooting death
- UPDATE: Starkville police investigate bomb threat at Walmart
- West Point police respond to alleged social media threat