MACON, Miss. (WTVA) – Macon police are investigating an early Wednesday morning shooting that injured a person.
The shooting happened on West Street, confirms Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree. Two of his deputies responded to the scene as backup to Macon police.
Orange spray paint can still be found at the scene.
The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital following the shooting. That person’s current condition is unknown at this time.
At least one man was booked into the Noxubee County jail. That man is 37-year-old Demetric Stevenson. He is charged with the possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
It’s unclear if Stevenson was the shooter. However, other arrests are possible.
Dontavier Shelton was sleeping at a friend’s house about 100 feet away at the time of the incident.
“We were in the house and we heard nothing about it,” he said. “They ran behind the house and was ducking and that’s all I heard.”
He says it’s concerning because a bullet could’ve shot into their house.
“Anybody could’ve been killed. A bullet doesn’t have a name on it.”
- Wednesday morning shooting injures one in Macon
- Macon police chief demoted
- UPDATE: Macon shooting suspect appears before judge
- Car found in flames on Macon street
- Big changes for Macon Police Department
- UPDATE: Macon escapee captured in Alabama
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- Macon woman arrested for embezzlement in Columbus
- Macon man accused of assaulting woman
- Superior Catfish expands in Macon, creating jobs