EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - Webster County Sheriff Tim Mitchell is still receiving a paycheck while in jail.
This morning, Webster County supervisors briefly discussed the sheriff’s position during a scheduled meeting.
According to the chancery clerk’s office, Mitchell received a paycheck last week.
Last week, two circuit court judges appointed an interim sheriff since Mitchell vacated the position by remaining in jail.
Supervisor Curtis Morris says the board hopes to make a decision about this issue at the next board meeting in two weeks.
Mitchell was arrested last month on a dozen felony charges, including embezzlement and attempting to have sex with an inmate.
He is currently in the Lafayette County jail.
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- Webster County supervisors remove interim tag from current sheriff
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Two more Webster County sheriff's employees arrested
- Former Webster County sheriff's investigator pleads guilty
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Man points gun at Webster County sheriff, gun misfires
- UPDATE: New information on arrest of Webster County sheriff
- Webster County now paying two salaries for sheriff