EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - Webster County supervisors have removed the interim tag from the current leader of the Webster County Sheriff’s Department.
The supervisors met Monday morning and appointed Andy McCants as the sheriff of Webster County.
McCants was appointed interim sheriff shortly after the former sheriff, Tim Mitchell, was arrested in December 2018.
McCants will remain in the position until the newly-elected sheriff takes office in January.
A general election will take place in November.
- Webster County supervisors remove interim tag from current sheriff
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- Hill appointed interim sheriff in Lafayette County
- Two more Webster County sheriff's employees arrested
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Former Webster County sheriff's investigator pleads guilty
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Webster County inmates face charges
- EMCC names interim president