WEBSTER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Inmates at the Webster County jail face charges after security cameras show they were not where they were supposed to be.
Investigator Landon Griffin says it happened around 10 p.m. on Sunday. Male trustee status inmates made their way down a hallway that lead to an all female side of the jail.
Security footage revealed there was an interaction between two county inmates, one male and one female. Griffin says the interaction between the two lasted around 45 seconds.
"We do take these allegations very seriously and we will investigate it as best as we can," said Griffin.
He adds, more security measures will take place.
Charges are expected but have not been filed yet.
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Youth faces several charges in Webster County
- Webster County man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- UPDATE: Webster County teen located safe
- Several injuries in Webster County house fire
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Reward offered In Webster County shooting
- Man wanted in Webster County for burglaries
- Three arrested in Webster County theft ring
- Auto burglary arrest made in Webster County