JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) — A man from Webster County is the first person locally to die from the coronavirus.
According to the state, the man was 65-to-70 years old with underlying health conditions. He died in a hospital.
That man is among four deaths reported Wednesday and five deaths reported statewide.
The latest two are a man 85-to-90 years old from Wilkinson County with underlying conditions who died in a hospital and a woman from Tunica County 75-to-80 years old who died in a long-term care facility.
The first death reported Wednesday was a man 60-to-65 years old with underlying conditions from Holmes County who died in a hospital.
Mississippi's first coronavirus death was reported last week — a man from Hancock County.
- Webster County man among five coronavirus deaths in Mississippi
- Mississippi reports first coronavirus death
- Mississippi reports second coronavirus death
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Man wanted in Webster County for burglaries
- One man dead after Webster County wreck
- Webster County inmates face charges
- UPDATE: South Mississippi jail escapee captured in Webster County
- UPDATE: Webster County teen located safe
- Several injuries in Webster County house fire