Photo Gallery 2 Images
Click the blue links to see videos and more information.
Like earlier this week, heavy rainfall is causing chaos and issues in north Mississippi.
The following locations are closed in the city of Tupelo until further notice, as of Friday, Feb. 22, at 4:03 p.m. All residents in each area can reach their homes. They will have to take alternate routes to get around the flooded areas.
Butler Road - From Lake Circle Drive to Fox Farm Road
Purnell Road - Closed at Butler Road to all traffic
Adams Street - Reese Street to Berry Street closed to all traffic.
Big Oaks Boulevard - All residents will have to use the back entrance at Laurel Oak Drive due to flooding at the main entrance.
Barnes Crossing Road - From Tom Watson Drive to Big Oaks Boulevard is closed to all traffic
VIDEO: WTVA's drone captured amazing video of flooding in the Willow Creek subdivision in Saltillo.
Lee County Road Manager Tim Allred reported the following at 12:39 p.m. on Friday
- Main Street in Guntown is washed out
- Willow Creek subdivision is flooded
- 20-mile bottom (northeast part of Lee County) has run over the banks on the Baldwyn & Itawamba county side
Several Lee County roads are closed due to flooding (via Lee County Sheriff's Department and District 3 Supervisor Tony Roper) - 2432, 1554 ,590, 599, 373, 301, 189, 752, 152, 728, Neshoba Trail, 520, 901
Jaqueline Acosta shared video of flooding near Scrugg's in Tupelo.
VIDEO: Watch Jaqueline's video here
At 2:20 p.m. on Friday, Pontotoc County's District 1 supervisor said drivers need to use caution on Belden-Endville Road. The road may be shut down later Friday due to flooding.
The Our Daily Bread Food Pantry in Bruce has canceled its distribution for Saturday, Feb. 23, due to the weather. The operation will resume at normal hours in March.
County Road 245 was closed Friday morning.
People who live south of Jimmy Beckley Road in the city of Bruce were urged to evacuate from their homes because of the flooding.
Several amazing rescues were made in Calhoun County.
John Macon Gillespie shared video of Skuna River flooding near Vardaman
VIDEO: See John's video here
Karen Wells shared video of rushing water on County Road 1341 near Booneville.
VIDEO: Watch Karen's video here
- Flooding forces closings, evacuation in north Mississippi
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Rain floods several locations in north Mississippi
- Heavy rainfall leads to flooding, rescue in north Mississippi
- Fred's to close more stores in north Mississippi
- Fred's continues to close stores, impacting much of north Mississippi
- Flooding forces closure of Yalobusha County road
- Mississippi officer fired after excessive force complaint
- Gas leak forces precautionary evacuation at Burnsville School