WATER VALLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - Parents in Water Valley attended a meeting at Cotten Candy Kids Learning Center after one parent accused an employee of mistreating her child in December.
WTVA 9 News reached out to the daycare for a statement, but they did not respond.
Nicole Morris said she wants the truth about what happened to her child while in the hands of the daycare's employee.
She decided to share video footage she possessed of the incident when she found out another child had an issue with the same employee.
Morris said Friday night's meeting was intended to give parents peace of mind. However, some parents told WTVA 9 News the meeting did not answer their questions, nor did it offer a solution.
Parents also told WTVA 9 News the accused employee has not been removed or suspended from the facility.
"I expected to have more answers," Merissa Thomas said. "I expected to feel better after the meeting and I don't."
Thomas' child also attends Cotten Candy Kids Learning Center. She said she wonders if the facility has the best interest of the children as a priority.
WTVA 9 News received copies of letters that were sent home with children.
One is dated Dec. 18, 2018, and stated that a complaint was filed regarding one of their teachers and that the state licensing officials were notified.
It also stated the teacher is still at the daycare but has another teacher with her at all times until the investigation is complete.
Then, another letter dated April 9, 2019, stated, "The same complaint from December has reared its head again."
It also stated the teacher is still at the daycare and not working alone.
A third letter was sent home and announced during Friday's meeting.
- Water Valley daycare holds meeting after alleged abuse
- Panola County crash kills Water Valley man
- Water Valley woman charged with Oxford embezzlement
- Power outage scheduled for Water Valley
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- UPDATE: Wife now faces charges in daycare molestation case
- Special election in Water Valley ends in runoff
- Election results for Water Valley Alderman At Large
- UPDATE: Missing inmate captured in Water Valley area
- Sheriff: Water Valley man ships drugs from Seattle to Mississippi