KOSCIUSKO, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people wanted in several states crashed in Kosciusko, leading to an arrest.
Wednesday night, Kosciusko police responded to the area of North Jackson Street and W. North Street for a crash.
When officers arrived, they found the vehicle, but no one was inside the vehicle.
Witnesses stated a man and a woman exited the vehicle and fled.
Officers soon learned the vehicle was stolen and a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) was recently issued for Lessie Earl Proctor and Annastasia Coenen.
During the investigation, it was learned the two were wanted for a string of robberies and carjackings in Florida. Warrants were also issued in Arkansas, Iowa and Illinois.
Officers then fond Coenen about 100 yards from the original scene. She was laying on the ground and was suffering from an injury believed to be result of the accident.
She was taken to a local hospital and later transferred to a Jackson hospital. She has not been charged with a crime by Kosciusko police at this time.
Proctor was later spotted early this morning in the area of the crash but fled from officers on foot.
Sometime near 6 a.m., he was taken into custody after a short foot pursuit at the intersection of Bachman Street and Highway 35 North.
He was charged by Kosciusko police with possession of stolen property and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
- Florida carjacking suspects crash in Kosciusko
- UPDATE: Kosciusko shooting suspects now in custody
- Kosciusko police search for shoplifting suspects
- Murder suspects surrender to Kosciusko police
- Police investigate Kosciusko bank scam
- Armed carjacking suspect in custody in Oktibbeha County
- Police seek ID's in Kosciusko scam
- Two charged with murder in Kosciusko shooting
- Kosciusko police seek ID of woman
- Truck parts stolen from Kosciusko dealership