ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Troopers are still investigating a fatal collision in Alcorn County that claimed the life of a Walnut woman.
The collision happened Wednesday evening at 7:39 p.m. on Highway 72 near County Road 610.
When troopers arrived, it appeared that Haley Wilbanks, 25, of Walnut, was driving an SUV heading eastbound in the westbound lane when she collided head-on with an 18-wheeler.
The truck was driven by Oscar Bejarano-Mendez, 59, of Ontario.
Cpl. Jason Roe with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says Wilbanks was transported to Magnolia Regional Health Center in Corinth where she died from her injuries.
Bejarano-Mendez was not injured.
- Walnut woman killed in Alcorn County collision
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- Lowndes County collision kills Columbus woman
- Morning collision kills Webster County woman
- Tennessee woman killed in Benton County collision
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured