We're seeing a break from the rain for your Saturday with most of us seeing a mix of clouds and sunshine.
To start, we'll sit in the low 40s, but for lunchtime, we will see a high of around 49 degrees with counties more to the south seeing 52 for today. Enjoy the sunshine and make the most of it because more low pressure will move back into our weather forecast by Saturday night and into our Sunday. We will see more rain in our forecast for those days.
Showers will begin to move in late Saturday night from the west and will impact the majority of our viewing area throughout the morning and afternoon. Rainfall totals are looking to be less than a quarter of an inch area-wide so this low pressure isn't strong enough to pack a real punch and should, at the absolute most, bring moderate rainfall.
The lingering rain will begin to finally clear out come Monday morning. We will see more bits and pieces of low pressure move through our area during our next upcoming week. This will mean more chances for some showers through the beginning of your week. Expect temperatures to sit in the mid-50s through next weekend and, for now, no more overnight lows well below freezing! Yay!
- A mix of sun and clouds for your Saturday
- Health Department provides tips on sun safety
- Rare wave-shaped clouds roll over Virginia
- Vulnerable adult exposed to sun; brother arrested in Lee County
- NASA posts a photo of the sun looking like a giant flaming jack-o'-lantern
- Mixing bleach and citrus cleaners may be harmful to you and your pets
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook records exposed on Amazon cloud servers
- REPORT: President Trump to visit Mississippi Saturday
- Surveyors confirm 6 tornadoes Saturday in Mississippi
- Iuka plans clean-up day on Saturday