LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One man is on the run after authorities say he severely beat a woman.
Lowndes County deputies are searching for Gary Peeks, 49, of Millport, AL.
Peeks is accused of beating a woman at a home on Blalock Road Monday night.
Investigators say they found the woman collapsed in the woods after she had called 911. She was taken to the hospital with multiple injuries. Her condition is unknown.
Investigators believe Peeks may be in Alabama. The Lamar County Sheriff's Office is also on the lookout for him.
If you have any information, please call the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
- WANTED: Alabama man wanted for aggravated assault in Lowndes County
- West Point man charged with aggravated assault
- Starkville man arrested for aggravated assault
- Dollar General burglar wanted in Lowndes County
- Chickasaw County man loses appeal in aggravated assault case
- Oktibbeha County man faces four counts of aggravated assault
- Lowndes County officers chase down, arrest wanted man
- Man in his 60s charged with aggravated assault in Starkville
- Police: Man charged with aggravated assault after pedestrian hit
- Two men wanted for Lowndes County armed robbery