MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Mooreville man is accused of leaving his vulnerable brother out in the sun.
Lee County sheriff’s deputies responded on June 26 to a home in Mooreville where they found a 65-year-old man on a utility trailer with “obvious medical needs,” according to the Lee County Sheriff's Department.
Medics treated the man for dehydration and severe sunburns.
Investigators determined the man, who required constant medical care, had been released from a medical center to a family member for a family outing.
He had been left out in the sun for a substantial amount of time, according to the sheriff's department.
His brother, Charles Clifford, 46, of Mooreville, has been charged with injury to a vulnerable adult.
- Vulnerable adult exposed to sun; brother arrested in Lee County
- Woman charged with abusing a vulnerable adult
- Woman charged for neglect of child and vulnerable adult
- Teen charged as adult for recent Lee County escape
- UPDATE: Teen charged as adult for Lee County jail escape
- Brother, sister arrested for Oktibbeha County assault
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Columbus couple charged with neglecting 'vulnerable' teenager
- Lee County man arrested for drugs in Clay County