BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - On Tuesday, residents in Booneville voted on whether or not beer/wine and liquor could be sold in the city limits.
Both measured passed.
1,264 voted "yes"
724 voted "no"
1,242 voted "yes"
754 voted "no"
This will be the first time alcohol will be sold inside Booneville's city limits.
At this time, it's unclear when alcohol will go on sale.
Earlier this year, supporters submitted a petition to have the issue put on a ballot.
Nearly 1,000 qualified signatures were collected.
- Voters say "yes" to alcohol sales in Booneville
- Amory voters say "yes" to alcohol sales
- Booneville passes ordinance banning sale of kratom
- Alcohol will hit shelves in Booneville in December
- Could alcohol sales be coming to Houston?
- Alcohol sales started Friday in Amory
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Tishomingo County businesses cited for underage alcohol sales
- Ole Miss to decide on alcohol sales, MSU says no
- Three charged in Booneville shooting