TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - North Mississippi Health Services has revised its visitation policy on its hospitals to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to patients.
Visitors who meet these visitation guidelines are asked to refrain from visiting:
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test in the last 14 days, are currently waiting on results of a COVID-19 test, or are isolating because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- If you have any signs or symptoms of respiratory infection in the past 48 hours:
- A temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Masks are required.
Visitors who do not follow personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines will be asked to leave the premises to protect the safety of patients and staff.