TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A vigil was held at Theron Nichols Park in Tupelo on Thursday to honor the memory of Santonio Carruthers.
Carruthers was found dead in his own apartment Monday night when police responded to a call about a shooting.
His family described him as nice, outgoing and a family man.
"It's been rough. It's been very hard, but we have been dealing with it,” said Jumar Pinson, Carruthers' cousin. “We are holding up. We trust in God and we are holding up."
- Vigil held for dead Tupelo man
- Vigil held to celebrate A'Miya Braxton's birthday
- Prayer vigil held for ICC football player
- Candlelight vigil held for Houston football player
- Tupelo man found dead In Louisiana
- Police: Man found dead inside Tupelo apartment
- Vigil held for 14-year-old shot by her brother
- Prayer vigil held for Nettleton teens killed in wreck
- Candle light vigil held for Columbus teen killed
- Silence Hides Violence 5K held in Tupelo