TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — This has been a historic two days in Tupelo honoring the Vietnam Veterans and the official opening of the
Vietnam War Memorial which now sits in Tupelo's Veterans Park.
There were several well-known speakers on hand including Lt. Governor Tate Reeves, various state legislators as well as decorated Vietnam veterans.
They all paid tribute to the men and women and in some cases even teenagers who gave their lives during the Vietnam War.
The celebration started Wednesday with stories of the war.
Thursday marked the debut of the beautiful wall which is 60 percent of the actual size of the Vietnam Wall located in Washington, D.C.
- Vietnam Wall replica opened to the public in Tupelo
- Veterans fly over newly built Vietnam Memorial replica wall
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo City Council rejected public transportation proposal
- Tupelo leaders tour proposed public transit system
- Tupelo installing cameras in public areas
- Supermarket Aldi officially opens in Tupelo
- Furniture Market winter show opens in Tupelo
- Tupelo Public School District seeks community input for new superintendent
- City leaders discuss public transit system in Tupelo