VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol has identified the man who was arrested following a pursuit in Lee County on Wednesday.
MHP spokesman John Poulos identified the man as Christian Acosta, 22.
Christian Acosta | Photo: Lee County Sheriff's Department
Acosta is accused of fleeing from a state trooper and using his vehicle to damage MHP vehicles.
He was eventually stopped on Palmetto Road in Verona where he was taken into custody.
Witnesses in the area reported hearing gunshots, but law enforcement has not confirmed if any gunfire was involved.
Acosta is charged with felony fleeing and aggravated assault on a police officer.
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect
- Suspects identified in multi-county chase
- MHP: Two teens die in Lee County wreck
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Suspect identified after fatal Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates chase
- MHP: Nettleton crash not the result of police chase
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck