VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - No decision was made this evening in Verona on whether or not to have a city gun ordinance.
A public hearing was held this evening at the Verona City Hall.
Citizens voiced their opinions on the recent gun violence in the city and if a gun ordinance is needed. Currently the city doesn't have a gun ordinance.
City leaders could vote on the ordinance next Tuesday.
VERONA,Miss(WTVA)--Tupelol Attorney Jim Waide says that a proposed gun ordinance in the Ctiy of Verona would probably stand up in court even if challeneged by gun tenthusiasts.
Waide says the ordinance would stand up against a challenged because it adrresses gun restrictions in certain places.
He also believes city leaders will likely approve the ordinance in light of recent events and for political reasons.
- Verona city officials hold public hearing on possible gun ordinance
- Citywide gun ordinance adopted in Verona
- Possible shooting in Verona
- Police investigate Verona shooting
- Still no official word on possible shooting in Verona
- Tupelo City Council approves mobile vendor ordinance
- Public hearing scheduled to talk Saltillo water
- Verona shooting victim speaks out
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- Tupelo City Council sparks conversation about food truck ordinance