VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - Thirty-five year-old Dewayne Orr faces felony charges of taking a motor vehicle and credit card fraud, which authorities say happened on West 10th Street in Verona.
Verona Police Chief J.B.Long says Orr took the car while the victim was inside a house visiting for a short time.
He says the victim left the keys in the car.
Orr allegedly took the credit card from a purse that was left inside.
"It took place the (April) 21st. The owner's vehicle was there on West 10th Street. The car was taken from there and it was recovered by the Eupora Police Department early Monday morning there behind a building," Long said.
Chief Long says Orr was out of prison on an early-release status when he committed the crimes.
- Man accused of taking vehicle in Verona
- Man hospitalized after Verona shooting
- Man accused of trying to abduct child in Verona
- Possible shooting in Verona
- Police investigate Verona shooting
- Hamilton man charged with taking vehicle
- Tupelo man accused of hitting multiple vehicles
- Man charged with sex crimes in Verona
- UPDATE: Verona man charged after shooting
- UPDATE: Man still missing from Verona