MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A vehicle caught fire along Interstate 55 Sunday causing a traffic backup.
A viewer who was stuck in the traffic sent us a picture of the incident that happened along I-55 near Winona.
Ronnie Shive with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says the incident involved a stranded motorist with mechanical issues.
Firefighters responded to the scene along with MHP. No injuries were reported.
- Vehicle catches fire in Montgomery County
- Vehicle flips, catches fire in Webster County; 4 injured
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- MSU honors Sonny Montgomery
- Columbus home catches fire
- No injuries after vehicles catch fire at Pontotoc Walmart
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County
- 18-wheeler catches fire in Itawamba County
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Semi catches fire in Saltillo