Update 06/11/18 9:14 a.m. - Vardaman shooting suspect Derrick Moore's bond was set Monday at $100,000.
VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Vardaman police are investigating a drive-by shooting that left one woman injured early Sunday.
The suspect, accused of shooting at a home, is now in custody according to Police Chief Kenneth Scott. He adds the suspect turned himself in to police.
Scott identifies the suspect as Derrick Moore, 24.
The incident happened in the 400 Block of Richards Street. The shooting was the result of an argument between Moore and a friend of his, according to Scott. Alcohol was involved.
Moore is responsible for shooting at a home with three people inside. Scott says Moore intended to shoot at the man he was arguing with, however, he was not at the home at the time.
Scott confirms the victim's foot was injured. She has been treated and released from the hospital.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have any information, you're urged to contact the Vardaman Police Department at 662-983-0924 or the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department at 662-412-5000.
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Eupora shooting suspect
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for burglary suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect