Update: 12/1/18 11:00 p.m.
UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) -- The state fire marshal is expected to be in Union County Monday to investigate the cause of a fireworks stand fire. Emergency management director Curt Clayton says the fire marshal was called in because the fire was out of the ordinary. Clayton says the Beacon Hill fireworks stand went up in flames around 8:15 p.m. Friday. He says it burned for more than three hours. Clayton says the owner of the stand lost $50,000 worth of fireworks. He says the building which has been a fixture in the Beacon Hill community is a total loss.
UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - We are working to find out what lead to a fire at a fireworks stand in Union County Friday night.
We are told this is at the Beacon Hill Fireworks Stand.
Stay with WTVA 9 News as this story develops.
- Update: State fire marshal to investigate fireworks stand blaze
- Fire marshal looking into Aberdeen blaze
- Fire marshal warns of firework accidents
- Fire officials investigate cause of Lowndes County blaze
- State fire marshal warns of phone scam
- Firefighters battle Eupora business blaze
- Warehouse blaze leaves hundreds wondering
- Firefighters: Blaze damages Tupelo businesses
- Blaze damages house in Columbus
- Aberdeen firefighters extinguish overnight blaze