TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - For many people, applying for unemployment insurance has been a frustrating process.
Unemployed workers have been battling tied up phone lines, issues with applications, and more.
District 5 State Sen. Daniel Sparks said one thing you can do to avoid some of the headaches is to apply online around 10 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Sparks said people have found more success when filing during these times.
If you find yourself having to call the call center, Sparks encourages you to call around 7 a.m. when the center opens.
Once you’ve filled out your application, your employer will have to verify your employment to prove you are eligible for assistance.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is working to address the issues you may be facing. If you are having trouble with filing your application, finding your password, etc., here are contacts you can use:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email for questions or concerns)
888-844-3577 (call center)
mdes.ms.gov (To fill out your application)
- Unemployed workers battle application process
- Columbus police welcome new applicants
- Lottery ticket applications open for Mississippi retailers
- Mississippi lawmakers doing homework for budget process
- Mississippi sues student loan processing company
- Okolona makes change to payment collection process
- Applications for 8 Mississippi charter schools move forward
- Firefighters battle house fire
- Traxys Cometals Processing locating to Burnsville, creating jobs
- Trump's legal team argues impeachment process a 'charade'