CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An investigation is underway to learn who owns two thin horses.
The horses were found on Monday wandering on the side of the Natchez Trace Parkway.
Chickasaw County Chief Deputy Keith Roberson said the horses appeared to be underfed.
However, he said a Houston resident is caring for the horses at this time. Their current conditions are not known.
One local animal rights activist said this issue happens way too often in the state and a fix is needed.
Justice for Animals Director Doll Stanley said she fears the horses could still be in danger.
Roberson said those responsible for the horses could possibly face criminal charges.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department at 662-456-2339.
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?
- Natchez Trace employee, man from Texas killed in Parkway accident
- Natchez Trace Parkway accessible to public during government shutdown
- Woman injured in crash along Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace Parkway taking action to decrease wrecks
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway