JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Southern Miss pitcher Nick Sandlin was named the state's best college baseball player.
He was awarded the prestigious Ferriss Trophy Monday in Jackson.
He posted an 8-0 record during the Golden Eagles' regular season, struck out 122 batters while only walking 14 batters during 86 innings.
Alongside Sandlin in Jackson was Ole Miss' Ryan Olenek, Mississippi State's Jake Mangum, Delta State's Zack Shannon and Sandlin's teammate Luke Reynolds.
- USM's Sandlin wins 2018 Ferriss Trophy
- MSU's Mangum wins Ferriss Trophy
- MSU's Martinas Rankin wins Kent Hull Trophy
- MSU, USM listed as best for military veterans
- Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown wins 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Rebels' Brown, MSU's Simmons among Conerly Trophy finalists
- Youth soccer team takes home state championship trophy
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Mooreville High School 2018 graduation
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018