Update 10/11/18 4:02 p.m.
According to Arkansas and Mississippi law enforcement, Adrian Golden is not cooperating with state prison officials.
Adrian Golden | Photo: U.S. Marshals
The Mississippi Department of Corrections has started the process of obtaining a governor's warrant to get him back to Mississippi.
Update 10/11/18 11:37 a.m.
Adrian Golden is scheduled to have his extradition hearing Thursday at 1 p.m.
He was wanted on three warrants. He was wanted in Calhoun County for attempted murder. He was wanted in Pontotoc County for burglary and kidnapping. He was also wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections for parole violation.
He was captured Wednesday night at a convenience store in Texarkana.
See the original post below.
TEXARKANA, Ark. (WTVA) -- The U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force has captured Adrian Golden in Arkansas.
The federal agency placed the cuffs on Golden a little after 9:00 Wednesday night.
Golden has been on the run since June 2017 in connection with the shooting of Kimberly Sisk.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said Golden tried to take his estranged wife's life after she filed for divorce six months prior.
Sisk has had multiple surgeries since that shooting.
County, state and federal officials have been tirelessly looking for Golden since the incident.
There were even reported sightings of him in Lee County.
The U.S. Marshals and Calhoun County authorities put up a reward hoping it would lead to Golden's arrest.
But intel gathered by the U.S. Marshals during "Operation Triple Beam," a month-long initiative to get wanted criminals off the streets, took them across state line to Arkansas.
Golden is currently in the Bi-State Jail, Arkansas, awaiting extradition back to Mississippi.
However, since the Mississippi Department of Corrections placed a hold on him for parole violation, he could be back sooner.
- UPDATE: U.S. Marshals capture fugitive Adrian Golden
- U.S. Marshals capture Illinois fugitive
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Tennessee fugitive captured in south Alabama
- UPDATE: Union County fugitives captured in Tennessee
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- UPDATE: MDOC escapees captured in Marshall County
- Adrian Golden extradited back to North Mississippi following arrest
- Adrian Golden pleads not guilty to attempted murder
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive captured in Monroe County