TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Work continues to install a new water main along a Tupelo road.
The City of Tupelo says Lumpkin Avenue from West Jackson Street to Lambard Drive will be closed to traffic from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday to allow crews to continue to install the water main.
The section of road will open on Saturday and Sunday.
It will be closed again on Monday from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. to allow crews to install taps in the main.
- UPDATE: Work continues on water main in Tupelo
- Work continues on turn lane in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Crews fix damaged water main in Oxford
- UPDATE: MSU residence halls reopen after water main repair
- Damaged water main fixed in Oxford
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Tupelo continues storm debris removal
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- Tupelo crews working to make traffic flow better on Main Street
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe