WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A murder suspect appears in Winona court following the shooting death of a 16-year-old last week.
Markevion Merritt, 16, appeared in court Tuesday.
He's accused of killing another teenager the night of Thursday, July 5. The victim was identified as Ty'Quarrius Hardimon.
In the courtroom, Merritt's preliminary hearing was waived. His bond was reduced to $300,00.
He was bound over to the Carroll-Montgomery County jail.
The motive behind the shooting is still not known.
- UPDATE: Winona murder suspect appears in court
- UPDATE: Columbus murder suspects appear before judge
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for Winona shooting
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- Missing Winona man located
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Macon shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: 5 busted with skimming devices appear in court
- Fatal Winona wreck on I-55
- Suspect in Maryland newspaper to appear on 5 murder charges