LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A daycare provider now faces charges after her husband was arrested last week for child molestation.
Sherry Westmoreland of Harmontown was arrested Monday, July 9 by the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department for contributing to the delinquency or neglect of children. She faces six counts.
She is also charged with sex crimes against a minor – failure to make mandatory report.
She is the wife of John Westmoreland. He was arrested last week on six counts of child molestation.
Lafayette County Chief Investigator Alan Wilburn said Sherry Westmoreland provided a daycare service at their home. This initially led to John Westmoreland's arrest.
The alleged incidents happened at the home daycare, said Wilburn.
Sherry Westmoreland's bond was set at $500,000.
- UPDATE: Wife now faces charges in daycare molestation case
- Eggville man charged with molestation
- UPDATE: Husband charged with wife’s murder
- Man accused of molesting children at home daycare in Lafayette County
- UPDATE: Lafayette County man sentenced for molestation
- Man charged with molestation in Columbus
- Tupelo police charge man with molestation
- Alabama man charged with child molestation
- Investigators charge Fulton man with molestation
- Amory man charged molestation, sexual battery