TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Webster County Sheriff Tim Mitchell has bonded out of jail in Lee County, confirms Sheriff Jim Johnson.
Mitchell was moved to the Lee County jail on Friday, Jan. 11, at the request of the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.
Before the move, he was kept in the Lafayette County jail following his arrest in December.
He was arrested on Dec. 19 on a dozen felony charges including embezzlement and trafficking stolen firearms.
According the District Attorney Doug Evans, Mitchell will be arraigned in Grenada on Wednesday.
The day after his arrest, a judge set Mitchell’s bond at $400,000.
- UPDATE: Webster County sheriff bonds out of jail
- UPDATE: Judge sets $400,000 bond for Webster County sheriff after arrest
- UPDATE: South Mississippi jail escapee captured in Webster County
- UPDATE: 3 charged with helping Webster County jail escapee
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- Two more Webster County sheriff's employees arrested
- UPDATE: New information on arrest of Webster County sheriff
- UPDATE: Webster County teen located safe
- UPDATE: Webster sheriff says he will retire in January