Update 07/03/18 9:52 a.m. - Suspect faces multiple charges after shooting
VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Vardaman police confirm the suspect in Friday's shooting incident surrendered.
Officer Barbara Ward tells WTVA Jeffrey Townsend, 33, surrendered himself to police Monday evening.
Police issued a warrant for his arrest after officers say he shot at a woman's car tires while children were inside Friday night.
We hope to learn more about his charges Tuesday.
See the orignal post below.
VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Vardaman police are searching for a man officers say shot at a woman's car tires Friday night.
Officer Andy Harmon says the shots-fired call was a domestic situation between a female victim and a male suspect. The relationship between the two is unclear at this time. However, Harmon says the two have children together.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. on Douglas Circle. Police tell us the suspect, Jeffrey "Tubbs" Townsend, 33, fired at the victim's tires while she was leaving his family's residence. Children were in the car at the time, but no one was injured.
Officers believe the suspect still has a handgun with him.
Harmon says Townsend faces a charge of aggravated domestic violence.
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Wanted burglary suspect surrenders to Starkville police
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Vardaman
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Accused Vardaman shooter back behind bars
- Oktibbeha County sexual battery suspect surrenders
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders