CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are charged with murdering a man in Corinth.
Darius Deen and Shaquavia Gunn face capital murder charges in connection to the shooting death of George Harris, 57.
He was found dead on his porch on Monday, May 21, at his home on Liddon Lake Road. Police were called to the home for a welfare check after his employees say he did not show up for work.
Autopsy results indicate Harris had been shot in the back of the head.
Police say the motive was robbery. Police also say Harris and the two suspects were friends.
Deen was arrested Friday in a Booneville motel. He was found with a gun on him, which Corinth police believe was used in the shooting.
When officers arrived at Harris' house, his wallet and cell phone were missing. Harris had a surveillance system, but police say the two suspects took the video.
Police say more people could be involved in the murder but the case is still under investigation.
This is a developing story.
WTVA's Daranesha Herron is in Corinth and will have updates throughout the day.
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Murder arrest made in Corinth death
- Corinth Police charge woman with husband's murder
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- Jury finds Corinth man guilty of murder
- UPDATE: Teen indicted for capital murder for Baldwyn death
- Corinth man charged with kidnapping in Tennessee
- Police charge man for Corinth store burglary
- Corinth man charged with child sex crime
- Corinth man pleads guilty to federal charges