TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo police charge a Baldwyn man with attempted murder following a stabbing incident earlier this week.
Nicholas Tyus, 33, appeared before a judge where his bond was set at $250,000.
He was arrested after the stabbing of a 61-year-old man on Monday, June 18 at the corner of Park Street and Jefferson Street, near Crosstown.
ORIGINAL: Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
The victim went into surgery soon after the incident.
On Wednesday, Tupelo police stated there are no new updates about the medical condition of the victim.
The motive for the stabbing is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Cracker Barrel shooting suspect charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- Charge upgraded to attempted murder for Columbus suspect
- UPDATE: Man charged with attempted murder after abduction
- UPDATE: Calhoun County man facing attempted murder charge
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Houston stabbing suspect now in custody