TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A positive identification has been made following the discovery of a man floating in a Tishomingo County creek earlier this month.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon identifies the man as John Lovelace of Burnsville. He was found dead on April 4.
ORIGINAL: Body found in Tishomingo County creek
Wilemon says Lovelace cut a braclet from his leg in February, which was being used to track his movements by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
He then disappeared.
The coroner says Lovelace's abandoned car was found later at an old house on Mt. Gilead Road, west of Iuka. His body was found floating nearby.
Investigator Greg Mitchell says the Tishomingo County Sheriff's Department is treating the death as a suicide.
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Body found in Tishomingo County creek
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: One dead in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Body found in drainage channel identified
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Tishomingo County shooting suspect
- UPDATE: One dead after Highway 4 wreck in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Man arrested following pursuit in Tishomingo County