COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) -- The head of emergency management in Lowndes County released updated figures Friday of damage caused by last month's tornadoes as well as recent flooding.
Emergency management director Cindy Lawrence says 371 structures damaged or destroyed by flood waters or tornadoes that touched down on February 23.
According to Lawrence, 48 of those structures were homes.
A significant amount of damage was caused by the tornado that struck Columbus. However, some damage was caused by a separate tornado in Artesia.
There were 11 people injured in the Columbus tornado, and a woman from Tupelo died when a building collapsed on her during that same tornado.
- Updated storm damage estimates for Lowndes County released
- UPDATE: Booneville city officials estimate cost to repair road damage
- Storm damages Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary in Lowndes County
- Some damage reported in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Lowndes County teen found safe
- UPDATE: Shooting suspect arrested in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate