ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - The man captured during Monday’s manhunt in west Alabama faces several criminal charges in Monroe County.
Jacob Conn, 25, is charged with felony fleeing and simple assault on a law enforcement officer, as well as DUI and three counts malicious mischief.
On Monday, Dec. 31, deputies attempted to question Conn about a morning fire in Lowndes County. He allegedly rammed a deputy’s vehicle and fled.
The ensuing chase ended in Lamar County, Alabama, after Conn crashed his vehicle and ran into a nearby wooded area.
He was captured later that day.
Lowndes County investigators are trying to see if Conn is connected to several fires at a Lowndes County business.
Conn is currently in the Monroe County jail.
- UPDATE: Steens man facing charges in Monroe County after manhunt
- Steens woman charged with identity theft
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Man captured in Lamar County, AL manhunt now facing charges in Lowndes County
- Four face drug charges in Monroe County
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges
- UPDATE: Accused thief faces charges in Monroe County
- Aberdeen man faces drug charge in Monroe County
- Aberdeen man faces long list of charges in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County